Maintain district facilities using routine procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Keep school buildings and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff. Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to the principal.
- Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by the principal.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day checking to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to the supervisor.