Provide district-wide instructional support to build teachers’ capacity of content knowledge and
improvement in their skill level for instructional planning and delivery as evidenced by student
performance. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Valid Texas Teacher Certification
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
Reliable Transportation & Valid Texas Driver’s License
Strong organizational, communication, and inter- and intrapersonal skills
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Knowledge of the district curriculum and district initiatives/programs
Ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners
Knowledge and training in application of research-based teaching methods and learning strategies
Knowledge of developmentally appropriate instructional strategies and student learning styles related to
the unique learning needs of all students including those of special populations
Knowledge and skills in the use of technology as a resource tool for accessing and analyzing data for
determining appropriate interventions and supports to campuses
Demonstrated ability to interpret district and campus data for determining corrective interventions
associated with instructional decisions and programming which impact teacher instruction and
Demonstrated evidence of flexible thinking and willingness to accept new ideas and constructive
feedback for personal, professional and program growth and development
Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with all stakeholders for ensuring
improvement in both instructional performance and academic achievement (teaching and learning)
Minimum of three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience
Experience in developing and delivering training to adult learners, preferred
Instructional Coach Plainview ISD HR Services
* Pay Plans & Employee Calendars located at www.plainviewisd.org – Click on Employment tab
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional Planning, Program Delivery, & Evaluation
1. Under the direction of the teaching and learning department, work cooperatively with campus principals
in developing and monitoring the instructional capacity of campus staff.
2. Design, support, and implement professional learning opportunities coordinated with both district and
3. Under the direction of the Director for Teaching & Learning, oversee instructional opportunities and
make instructional recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
4. Under the direction of the Director for Teaching & Learning, evaluate the instructional effectiveness on
campuses based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes
5. Through the provision of coaching and mentoring, assist teachers to master the fundamentals of
classroom practice and instructional strategies that contribute to student achievement and build
6. Plan and provide staff development for teachers and campus staff.
7. Disseminate information regarding current research and significant developments on the state and
8. Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate
improvement and innovation. Demonstrate teaching strategies with students in classroom.
9. Improve teacher quality through the application of coaching cycles for classroom practices and
10. Provide support to campuses through data-driven professional development and on-site technical
assistance with identified campuses and/or staff.
11. Provide model lessons to enhance teacher capacity.
12. Provide PLC training and ongoing support.