High school diploma or GED
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to perform a variety of tasks often changing assignment on short notice
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
2 years secretarial experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Prepare campus communications, correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, purchase orders, and payment authorizations following district standards and requirements.
- Prepare instructional materials and as requested.
- Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for substitute teachers. Monitor and process time records including leave requests and reports. Compile information and submit to central office according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required. Maintain student records according to established procedures.
Reception and Phones
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
Accounting and Inventory
- Prepare and make cash deposits for activity account(s). May be responsible for maintenance of activity check register(s) and ledger(s).
- Assist with campus budget preparation and maintain accurate records of expenditures. Prepare and process purchase orders and receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist with planning, preparation, and setup of faculty meetings and campus activities.
- Sort, distribute, or deliver mail and other documents.
- Administer medication to students, check temperatures, and notify parents of student illness in nurse’s absence.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
The district and state pay $375 toward health insurance each month ($4500 anually)