All Saints Episcopal School currently seeks a high school AP Spanish teacher for Spanish II, III, and IV.
Job Description: High School Spanish 2-AP 4
Looking for an individual, preferably with teaching experience, who is committed to preparing students in the area of Spanish, while aligning with the school’s vision of pedagogy and curriculum. Needs to have a passion and commitment for teaching students and providing skills for 21st century learners. Must have knowledge on classroom organization and real world application with the subject matter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the strategic plan envisioned by the school with respect to pedagogy and curriculum
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences related to Spanish curriculum and standards
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Use various instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs
- Integrate relevant technology to support instruction
- Manage student behavior in the classroom; establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Willingness to participate in departmental meetings and school meetings
- Communicate information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Strive for student outcomes to exceed grade level standards and national averages
- Keep abreast of professional development in subject area, teaching resources and methods and willingness to make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
Setting up required number of labs outside of class time, and other duties as assigned by the high school division head and head of school.
High School Spanish Teacher:
- Bachelor's Degree in Spanish, Romance Languages or another related field (High School/Spanish teacher certification preferred)
- Willingness to assist in sponsoring students on their educational retreats or trips as needed
- Willingness to teach junior and senior level students
- Must be willing to attend summer professional development trainings as applicable through the Region 17 ESC or College Board
- Have adequate knowledge of computer software including Office, Google Documents and Google Classroom
- Desire to teach rigorous level curriculum to high school students
Send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.