Two positions available teaching all levels of high school math. Teachers needed that are willing to develop data driven lessons and work to ensure success.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject/grade level assigned (or requirements met to earn one).
Knowledge of assigned curriculum and instructional methods
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Develop lesson plans/activities using TEKS Resource System
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Use of variety of web based technology platforms to gather, interpret, and inform instruction.
Frequent standing and walking, bending/stooping and reaching fully above head, pushing, pulling, and twisting. Repetitive hand motions, use of standard office equipment including the use of a computer and peripherals. Occasional lifting and carrying of less than 50 pounds. May work prolonged or irregular hours, occasionally attend after school and night time activities. Work inside and outside with exposure to sun, head, cold, and inclement weather. Exposure to noise. Frequent interruptions. Maintain physical and emotional control under stress. Ability to respond to needs in a timely manner in a high stress environment. Occasional districtwide and statewide travel.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Develop and implement lesson plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence as required.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students.
3. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, Lockney ISD School Board, and administration.
4. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media consistent with the needs and capabilities of students.
5. Cooperatively meet and plan with other members of the staff to implement instructional goals and objectives in accordance with District requirements including modifications and accommodations for special student populations.
6. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s).
7. Assist student in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
8. Conduct ongoing formative and summative assessment of student achievement and provide progress reports as required.
9. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
10. Present for students a positive role model that supports the mission of the school district.
11. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
12. Establish effective classroom management and administer discipline in accordance with board policies, administrative regulations, and campus management plans.
13. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
14. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents/families.
15. Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members through effective communication both verbally and written.
16. Participate in the District staff development program to improve job related skills.
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
18. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers including the Texas Educator Code of Ethics.