Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Teaching Certification required for employment through contract as provided by Texas
Education Code Chapter 21, Subchapter E
Knowledge of academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Successful completion of student teaching assignment or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect modifications and
accommodations for differences in individual student learning styles.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and
technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students’ assigned and present
subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and
3. Conduct assessments of students’ learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education
students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s)/assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.