Special Education Teacher for the 21-22 School Year
Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to match student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignmentsSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
Knowledge of how to adapt curriculum and instruction for special needs
Effective communication skillsEquipment
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Texas State Certification in Special Education
- Texas State Certification in the appropriate grade level
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.
Bilingual and/or ESL a plus.
Up to 5% match on annuity
District currently pays up to $645.00 per month of employee only health insurance