Provides reading intervention to identified students as determined by data.
Valid Texas teaching certificateSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Strong knowledge of early literacy instruction and intervention strategies
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instruction programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills Experience:
5 or more years of experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructional and Program Management
- Provide explicit, data driven, targeted reading intervention.
- Work collaboratively with the building principal and Director of Curriculum & Instruction to determine intervention groups.
- Work collaboratively with the building principal and Director of Curriculum & Instruction to monitor the effectiveness of reading intervention strategies and students being served in order to create a fluid intervention model.
- Communicate with building principal, parents and school staff on student progress and service being provided.
- Work with teachers to analyze and interpret student data and use findings to develop and apply instructional strategies.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local school board policy.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside, occasional districtwide travel; occasional statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Up to 5% match on annuity
District currently pays up to $645.00 per month of employee only health insurance