Agriculture Science Teacher, Full or Part-time
The #WCISDFAMILY is searching for an Agriculture Science Teacher to add to our phenomenal CTE family. This position will work under our exceptional Administrative Team and alongside our AG Teacher to help students acquire specialized skills. Potential Agriculture Science Teacher applicants are expected to provide hands on instruction. WCISD boasts extremely competitive wages, small class sizes, an excellent West Texas Family Atmosphere, and a culture committed to growth
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s experience.
- The position includes a 226-day contract.
- Trucks, Trailers, and Farm Equipment are available for school use.
- $500 a month for health insurance.
- Matching Annuity.
- $10k Life insurance policy.
- School housing is available.
Preferred Education/Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with Agriculture Science endorsement
- Valid CDL with Bus endorsement or willing to obtain
- Strong knowledge of Agriculture Mechanics, Metal Fabrication and Computer Design Systems
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, Student Handbook and expectations of the traditions of the chapter
- Strong Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong classroom and lab management skills
- Use of technology and the ability to incorporate student use of technology in curriculum
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as a co- advisor for the Whiteface FFA chapter.
- Provide students with creative and innovative learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Aid students in the planning, constructing and presenting of competitive ag. mechanics projects at ag. mechanics shows.
- Willing to assist in training competitive Leadership Development and Career Development teams at the District, Area and State level.
- Assist students with record books, applications for awards and scholarships.
- Willingness to assist students with SAE projects and attend Livestock Shows if needed-Majors and County.
- Accompany and supervise students at all off-campus activities including contests, workshops, and field trips associated with the agricultural science program and FFA.
- Assist chapter members in raising funds for chapter activities and travel.
Please send resumes to: Kirk Clark, Ag Teacher: email@example.com
CC: Chris Mendez, Secondary Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any additional inquiries to: Kirk Clark, Ag Teacher: email@example.com