Work to provide each student with opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and local requirements.
Position Requirement Qualifications:
- Appropriate Texas Teaching Certification (Teaching field open);
- MidManagement preferred
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program
- Knowledge of state and UIL policies governing athletics
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Successful teaching and coaching experience
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Direct and manage district’s athletic program and facilities.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development.
- Plan necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
- Implement the policies established by federal law, state law, State Board of Education rule, UIL rules, and local board policy in area of athletics.
- Administer the athletic budget and ensure that programs are cost effective and that funds are managed prudently.
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise all athletic department personnel and make sound recommendations about personnel placement, assignments, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Recruit, select, train, and supervise students to maximize participation in athletic programs.
- Develop training options and/or improvement plans for employees to ensure exemplary operation in area of athletics.
- Articulate the district’s mission and goals in the area of athletics to community and solicit their support in realizing mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Slaton ISD only accepts applications submitted at www.slatonisd.net