Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the area assigned to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop
competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Active/Valid licensure, endorsements, and training for area assigned
Demonstrated competency in the area assigned
Knowledge of assigned curriculum
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to oversee student field experiences in area assigned
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
A minimum of five years of full-time wage-earning experience (within the last eight years) in the area
of instructional assignment.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of curriculum program and show
written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences
in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials,
equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of
Program Instructor Plainview ISD HR Services
* Plans & Employee Calendars located at www.plainviewisd.org – Click on Employment tab
students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education
Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education
students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by
the campus principal.
9. Present a positive role model for students; support core beliefs and the mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.