OLTON Independent School District
Location: District Wide Openings
Job title: Special Education Teacher (Inclusion, Resource, and/or Self Contained Life Skills)
Reports to: Stacie Ramage, Colby Huseman, or Daniel Fitzgerald (Principals)
Type of position:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the assigned subject area to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Contact the central office for salary and benefit information
- FULL JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE CONTACT PERSON LISTED BELOW
· Salary: Minumum $33,660 to $54,540 (According to years of service) + Self Contined Stipends if applicable.
· Group health insurance coverage is provided through TRS-ActiveCare, the statewide public school health insurance program. The district contributes $300.00 per month ($3,600.00 annually) toward employee health insurance coverage for eligible employees who choose to participate in TRS-ActiveCare. In addition to the local contribution, the state pays a health insurance benefit of $75.00 per month ($900.00 annually) toward coverage to each employee who participates in TRS-ActiveCare
· The district provides life insurance coverage with a $20,000 death benefit for all employees. The district in cooperation with the Olton Recreation Club has arranged for school employees to receive membership at the ORC at a reduced rate. The regular family membership fee at the ORC is $40.00 per month, but the rate for school employees is $37.00 per month with payroll deduction
Work experience requirements:
· At least one year experience, successful completion of student teaching in desired field, or eligible through alternative certification
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
· Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsement or required training for subject area
Contact: Stacie Ramage firstname.lastname@example.org, HP Webb Elem Principal, Colby Huseman email@example.com, OJH Principal, or Gregg Ammons firstname.lastname@example.org, HS Principal, (806)285-2641. Application can be submitted online from the district website at www.oltonisd.net under Job Openings. Mail, fax or e-mail application, resume, cover letter, and references to: above contacts or, P.O. Box 388, Olton, TX. 79064, Fax# (806)285-2438.
Date posted: November 11, 2022