Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area
assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Teaching Certification
Knowledge of academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Successful completion of student teaching assignment or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and
show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect modifications and
accommodations for differences in individual student learning styles.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials,
equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of
students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education
Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessments of students’ learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education
students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s)/assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by
the campus principal.
9. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
11. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.