$49,368.00 - $56,152.00 Salary/year
Local & Out-of-Town Travel
Work is performed under the supervision of the Corporate Communications Director with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Position is based in Lubbock, TX. The Mental Health Educational School Clinician will be employed by StarCare Specialty Health System (StarCare) and will office at Region 17 Education Service Center. This position is grant funded and employment is contingent on continued funding.
The goal for the (NPMHP) is to serve as a resource regarding child/adolescent mental health and substance use for school and education service center (ESC) personnel by:
- Increasing ESC and school personnel’s awareness and understanding of mental health and co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Assisting personnel in the implementation of initiatives related to mental health or substance use
- Ensuring personnel are aware of:
- Best practice-based programs and research-based practices
- Other public and private mental health and substance use programs
- Facilitating Mental Health First Aid trainings
- Facilitating trainings regarding:
- The impact of grief and trauma
- Special considerations in supporting children with intellectual or developmental disabilities who are impacted by grief or trauma
- Prevention and intervention programs proven effective in helping students cope with pressures to:
- Use of alcohol, cigarettes, or illicit drugs; or
- Misuse of prescription drugs
This position ensures all activities support the mission, vision, and values of StarCare.
Hours: This is an EXEMPT position; Normal work hours from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with flexibility & additional hours as needed to meet program needs.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree or higher in a Human Services field (Sociology, Psychology, Family Studies, etc.), and meets criteria as a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA). Current unrestricted licensure for LPHA as defined in TAC 26 (a person licensed as one of the following and acting within the authorized scope of the person's license: physician, licensed professional counselor, licensed clinical social worker, psychologist, advanced practice registered nurse, physician assistant, or licensed marriage and family therapist) and two years of direct mental health services experience is required. Position requires a strong skill set in the following areas: public speaking skills, group instruction, written and verbal communication, customer service (internal and external), organizational skills, time management, and outreach. Knowledge and skill in operating standard office equipment (phone, fax, copier, etc.), and personal computer/laptop with Microsoft Office products is required. Experience with school districts/educational setting or ESC, supporting individuals impacted by grief and trauma, and/or supporting children with intellectual or developmental disabilities impacted by grief or trauma is preferred. Must have valid Texas driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and be insurable under StarCare's insurance. Must pass a finger-print background check. Use of personal cell phone, with monthly phone stipend processed with payroll, to return phone calls and text messages. Local and out-of-town travel is required within the five-county catchment area using personal vehicle, with mileage reimbursed at StarCare's approved rate.
Posted on StarCare's website: 07-16-20
Please click this link if you are interested in applying for this position