- Direct and manage the overall program of instrumental music for the district.
- Provide students with an opportunity to participate in extracurricular events, including concerts, football games, pep rallies, parades, and UIL activities.
- Ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and district requirements.
- Plan activities to achieve district, region, and state recognition.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Knowledge of overall operation of instrumental music program
- Knowledge of state and UIL policies governing band
Term of Employment: 12 months (226 days)
Reports to: Building Principal (HS and JH)
Slaton ISD only accepts applications submitted at www.slatonisd.net